"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, May 24, 2018

BB Easton Interview

I reviewed Star by BB Easton a few weeks ago and was a huge fan of it. If you'd like to check out my review you can click HERE

Thank you so so much to BB Easton for answering all of my questions and for being so awesome.

Enjoy!!






1. What made you want to publish 44 Chapters About 4 Men?
I didn't even know I was writing a book until I was almost half-way done with it. I was just journaling and having fun and entertaining myself, really. Then I went on a girl's trip with my friends to Sedona, Arizona where we all went to see a psychic. The first thing she said to me was, "You're writing a book." and everything clicked into place. I was like, "Oh my God. I AM writing a book." Publishing it didn't seem that scary because I didn't use my real name, and I didn't think anyone would read it anyway. I literally didn't tell anyone I'd even done it until 44 Chapters blew up and hit the Amazon Top 100 Bestsellers list. Then I texted my family members and said, "Hey, I wrote a book. It's an Amazon bestseller. You're never allowed to read it. I just thought you should know." LOL!

2. Was it hard writing the individual 4 books?Some of them have been harder than others, and harder for different reasons. SKIN was the most fun to write because I was obsessed with that story. It was so suspenseful and intense that I didn't eat or sleep for weeks. BUT, it was difficult because it was the most emotional story I've ever written. SPEED was difficult to write because it's a love triangle, but it was super fun to relive all those bad boys and bad decisions and bad things that we did in fast cars. And STAR wasn't difficult at all. Hans was the reason I decided to write the spin-off books in the first place. That man was born to be a book boyfriend. His book basically wrote itself. Now I'm working on SUIT, which has its own set of challenges. Ken is the most stable and responsible of the four men, so making his story gripping and exciting is my challenge with this one. But I looooove a good challenge!

3. What did your family think about your series?

We don't talk about it. Like. AT ALL. We just pretend like it doesn't exist. They know, and they support me by watching my kids when I have to go to book signing and things like that, but as far as the books are concerned, we have a strict don't ask/don't tell policy.

4. If you were approached to turn your books into a television series would you do it?
I've actually sold the rights to my books to a producer to be made into a movie or TV show, so YES!

5. There were a lot of band references in Star, who are some of your absolute favorites?
The bands I've referenced in my books were my favorites back then, but they're not necessarily my favorites anymore. Right now I'm listening to a lot of Fall Out Boy, Twenty-One Pilots, Childish Gambino, K. Flay, Jack's Mannequin/Andrew McMahon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Yungblud, and Taylor Swift. But my little emo heart will forever belong to The Cure and Deathcab for Cutie.

6. What is the best concert you've ever been to?
When Paramore opened for Fall Out Boy two or three years ago. Fall Out Boy is my favorite band to see live, but with Paramore opening it was a next-level rock experience.

7. If you could see any musician alive or dead who would it be?
I've been lucky enough to see all of my favorites perform, but I'd love to MEET Benjamin Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie and tell him what a @#$% genius I think he is.

8. Does Hans know about Star?
Hell. No.

9. I was so excited the moment Ken was introduced in the book, what books/characters do you get excited over?
Preppy from T.M. Frazier's King series is my favorite book character of all time. He had a cameo in her latest book Up in Smoke, and I almost screamed and threw my Kindle across the living room.

10. If Star had a theme song what would it be?
Photobooth by Death Cab for Cutie. That song is on the STAR playlist that I made on Spotify and I used the melody to help me write the lyrics in the book. I won't go in to what the song is about to avoid spoilers, but the lyrics remind me so, so much of young BB and Hans.

Listen to BB's playlist HERE

Follow BB Easton on Social Media:
Official Website
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Goodreads
Pinterest

1 comment: