"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

So as I was looking up BookTube videos today I found this tag called the Unpopular Opinions book tag. I thought that it seemed like a fun so I had to do it.
If you'd like to watch the original video click
HERE
I hope you enjoy my unpopular opinions :)

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.

I remember when Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry came out and everyone was crazy about it. I'm a huge fan of Heather from Bookables (On YouTube) and she raved about it so of course I picked it up. If I'm being honest I really didn't enjoy it at all.
Anther book that everyone loved that I didn't like is Isla and The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. People love this book and I just don't get it. I adored Anna, really enjoyed Lola and wanted to smack Isla.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.

I don't think people really hate the Chemical Gardens trilogy but I've seen a lot of reviews on the last 2 books and how people didn't like them and I loved them.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.

Isla and Josh from Isla and The Happily Ever After. Didn't like them at all together.

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.

I know books about angels aren't really a genre in itself but I hardly ever pick up a book about them. For some reason they get on my nerves and I end up really disliking the book.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.

I really hate using the same character/book over and over but I have to go with Isla again. I really couldn't stand her.

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.

A while back everyone was loving Lauren Oliver and the Delirium trilogy. I read the first book and eventually someday I'll read the second but I'm not as obsessed as most people. I also can't seem to get into Rick Yancey, Katie McGarry, Taherah Mafi, or Sarah J Maas.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)

I'm going to go with love triangles but I have to say that I don't always hate them. Sometimes I'm like ew I hate that other guy or I hate how the author makes our female character sway between the boys. But sometimes a love triangle adds to the book and I dig it.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

I have no interest in reading The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey or the one that comes after it. I also don't have a strong desire in reading Throne of Glass--I don't know what the series is called. I've picked it up so I've been willing to read it to see what the hype was about but I didn't read past the first page.

9.
The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, hands down. I thought the book was great but the movie was magical and it touched me in so many ways. Ah. I love that movie so much. No doubt that that's the best book to movie adaptation I've ever seen. (Close second is TFIOS of course.)


5 comments:

  1. Yes, number 7. Love triangles are my bane. They instantly make me not want to read a book. Only a few have worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!
    I"ve nominated you for the Liebster Award! :D
    I swear its a real thing >.>
    Here's the link for more info, as well as my set of questions!
    http://justanotherbookishblog.blogspot.nl
    btw if you read this right away you may have to wait a few minutes until I've actually posted the tag =p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously?! That's so incredibly nice of you!! :) I'm going to go check it out now!!

      Delete
  3. I loved hearing your opinions on these questions. Thanks so much for sharing. I love reading your blog posts and getting good ideas for books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you on the post. I have the following rating from the video.
    Folks should learn to totally ignore the critics these days. Too much political correctness has made them completely misleading and just plain wrong a lot.

    I haven't laughed in tears for much of a movie in a long time. Based on a true story this was outrageous and funny. It is not for kids and is pretty dirty language but so well done. Enjoy!
    > movies2k
    > arrival putlockers
    > the revenant putlocker
    > yidio movies
    > m4ufree movies
    > watch32 movies
    > megashare9

    ReplyDelete