"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Star by BB Easton

When I got the email asking if I'd like to review Star the first thing I did was go, "That is a naked man stomach on that there cover." The second thing I did was read the plot.
BB Easton is a psychologist who wrote an award winning memoir called 44 Chapters About 4 Men. After receiving so much positive feedback she decided to write 4 more books, one centered on each of the 4 men.
I haven't read the first two, Skin or Speed, but I can tell you the moment I finished Star I wanted to read Suit - unfortunately it doesn't come out until this fall.
Star is about BB and attractive, tattooed, musician Hans. The two of them meet at a party and are basically inseparable from that point on. Together they could be magic but could also be obsessive. Both being jealous and insanely in love caused for a lot of juicy moments through out this story.
In the beginning I really wasn't that into it and I honestly don't know why. But the more I read the more I wanted to know what was going to happen to them. I loved Hans and I was crazy about how much he loved BB and she him. It had me on the edge of my seat in parts and had me swooning in others.
The absolute best part of Star is how completely BB Easton sucks you in. I'm not kidding, I'm not sure I've ever read a book where I felt so conflicted or where it was as if I was going through the things the main characters were. I loved Hans but I knew that the two couldn't stay together and not end up toxic. But I also was heartbroken at that fact. People always say "that book gave me the feels" and while I've always thought I've understood that I don't think I really did. I have NEVER felt like it was all happening to me. I felt in love with him and cried when things shattered.
This book was really great and if you're looking for something to really give you "the feels" then you HAVE to pick Star up.


I'm giving Star 4/5 donuts!!









Buy Star Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

I'm a Book Depository Affiliate so if you'd like to buy a book with FREE SHIPPING and put some change in my pocket click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment