Before we get to the interview I just want to thank Gabriella for taking the time to answer my questions. I really enjoyed How to Catch a Rockstar and I'm so stoked that I got to interview her.
She's really nice guys and I think you're going to think she's as wonderful as I do as soon as you finish reading this interview!!
1. How long have you been writing and what's the best part of being an author?
I've always written but it's only in the last few years that I've been serious about it. For me, the best part of being an author is people telling me they loved my book and can't wait to read more! Good reviews are like manna from Heaven for an author - we can't get enough of them!
2. How do you come up with the plots for your books?
This is a hard one for me to answer because I'm not a plotter by nature. I usually have a very loose plot in mind but let my characters lead the story, which can result in some very interesting plot points!
3. Lillie is a really talented singer, aside from writing what talents do you have?
Well, I've been told I'm a pretty good 'food maker' and I'm often told my brownies are the best people have ever tasted so I guess food is my talent.
4. If you could go on tour with any band who would you choose?
No contest, Pearl Jam. I've loved them since the beginning and they are still my favourite band ever. I'd love to share a bottle (or two) of red wine with Eddie Vedder and talk about the world, politics, life, music...
5. Lillie gets to date a super hot rockstar, which rockstar would you want to date?
Oh goodness, hmmmm. I'm not entirely sure I'd want to date a rockstar! All that touring, the groupies, the media attention. I think it's a very hard thing to put yourself through BUT I would say Jim Morrison from The Doors or Jared Leto (he's just so damn pretty!).
6. Do you ever base any of your characters off of you?
Not really although I think some characters will share some personality traits or back story with their authors! There are some things about Lillie that come from me - I used to dance, we share a tattoo (!) and I love to eat. I made her a singer because it's the one thing I really wish I could do but absolutely can't.
7. I think this book is full of wonderful characters - Johnny and Kate are two of my favorites - who are yours?
Johnny is a definite favourite of mine! That's why there'll be a second book about his story coming out next year. I do love Jed and Lillie too - they're both damaged and vulnerable but still willing to put themselves out there and give their relationship a go even though their feelings for each other are so intense and have happened so quickly.
8. If How To Catch a Rockstar had a theme song what would it be?
Oh, wow, good question! I think maybe 'Without You' by My Darkest Days. The lyrics seem really fitting for the intense love Jed and Lillie have for each other.
Follow Gabrielle on Social Media