"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

How To Catch a Rockstar by Gabrielle Aquilina



I received this book from Netgalley and I am so happy that I FINALLY got around to reading it!!
This story is about Lillie who is an aspiring singer with some serious stage fright. Even though she stays away from getting on stage she doesn't stay away from being near one. One night her and her friend Kate attend a concert and there she meets Jed who's the lead singer of a new up and coming band.
The two instantly hit it off and fast forward to Jed finding out that Lillie can sing her pretty face off and her joining them on tour.
Jed and - my personal favorite - Johnny (another member of the band) help Lillie overcome her stage fright and she becomes a member of the band and singing onstage.
Everything is fantastic with Lillie and Jed until a secret gets revealed.
Will the secret ruin their relationship or just make them stronger? Well I certainly can't tell you because that'd ruin everything.
I really enjoyed reading this book for many reasons. One being that I loved the characters. I had a bit of a crush on Jed, I thought Lillie was pretty cool, I adored Kate, and Johnny is one of my favorite characters from any book I've read this year.
The second reason I love this book is because I love music. I love going to concerts and meeting my favorite singers and so I felt like I could somewhat relate. I mean I've never fell in love with a singer and gone on tour with them so that parts different but you know what I'm saying.
There are many other reasons I loved the book but there are two things that kinda bugged me. One is that I didn't realize that I didn't understand some of the phrases that Gabrielle would use. Jed is from America not England like Lillie so when he'd say certain things it didn't make sense because we don't talk like that here. I don't want to be all judgmental but that's how I felt. The other thing that bothered me was how back and forth Lillie was sometimes.
However with that being said I really did enjoy the book and I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you're as big of a music geek as I am!!

Buy How to Catch a Rockstar Here:
Amazon

Listen to my playlist for How to Catch a Rockstar on Spotify by clicking HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment