"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

The Worst Best Man by Lucy Score

After reading and loving Rock Bottom Girl by Lucy Score (check out my review here) I decided I needed to read more from her....

...then I checked out for 2 months.

Yep, the book slump hit me. I just didn't want to read. Every now and then I'd pick up something to get me by but I wasn't committed.

Then I went on vacation and downloaded The Worst Best Man. I then proceeded to not "vacation" with my family. I read at night, thought about reading during the day while doing "family activities". (I'm air quoting these in my head to really push the sarcasm.)

I stared off into space daydreaming about the story.

I smiled when thinking about the events happening in the book.

I sighed over my breakfast in fondness.

I called people Frankie and Aiden.

Okay, that's an exaggeration. I may have taken that too far.

As the wise Lizzo once said, I'm 100% that bitch.

The Worst Best Man follows Frankie and Aiden who could not be more different in many aspects. Frankie is independent, self sufficient, gorgeous, a complete bad ass basically. Aiden is hot af, a business genius, and a total boss. Frankie's bff is marrying Aiden's bro - is that how dude's call each other bffs? - and the two meet during pre wedding activities and instantly DON'T hit it off. After dealing with bridesmaids from hell, serious sexual tension and a kidnapping that turns Frankie and Aiden into a metaphorical Batman and Robin, the two decide that maybe they have a little something. Basically in bed. And it's not so little. ;) ;)

When they go back home Frankie and Aiden decide to start hanging out but neither are prepared for their feelings to grow.

I read this book so fast I've decided to rename my blog The Flash reads Lucy Score.

If you've read her before, or if you haven't, you HAVE  to check out The Worst Best Man. The characters, whether main or secondary, are fabulous. It's funny, sexy, adorable, and has action....of every kind. See what I did there?


Buy The Worst Best Man on Amazon by clicking HERE
Check out my interview with Lucy Score HERE

2 comments: