"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Mr. Fixer Upper by Lucy Score

As someone who has been watching Property Brothers since her early 20's - and has had a crush on Jonathan Scott for the same length of time - this book was like my every dream come true.

To quote the incredibly timeless Lizzie McGuire, "Hey now, hey now, this is what dreams are made of."

After reading two of Lucy's books I couldn't stop. I had to keep reading and Mr. Fixer Upper sounded like the perfect choice to continue on with my binge.

I've had this blog since 2013. That's 6 years that we've been able to get to know each other, so I think it's safe to say that you guys can trust what I tell you. When I say my son is the most important part of my life? Truth. When I tell you that I have a tattoo of peanut butter and jelly holding hands with the words "my person" underneath? Factual statement. When I say that they in fact were on a break? Again, truth bomb. So when I tell you that when I read Mr. Fixer Upper and my head went into a Wizard of Oz-esque tornado of thoughts, I'm not lying. I loved this book so much I couldn't even process all of my feelings. I tried to talk to my mom about this book and it went something like this:

Me: "Mom, I read this book."
Mom: "Okay. Was it good?"
Me: "I. I. It. I."
Mom: "You haven't been this speechless since the season 3 finale of The OC."

Gannon King is a reality television star. Alongside his sister, he goes across America fixing up homes of those who deserve a fresh start. It's kind of like Extreme Home Makover without the crazy hair.

Paige St. James is a field producer for the show and is not attracted to Gannon. Or at least she tells herself she's not.

The two are constantly arguing and getting frustrated with the other. But underneath the yelling and the tantrums there is a tension like no other.

When the cameras capture the sparks that basically shoot out of them, they find rating gold and create a love story centered around the two. However, in typical reality show "realness" the network creates trouble that makes Paige question everything.

Gannon and Paige are hands down one of my favorite book couples of all time. I am Kanye taking away Tay Tay's mic when I say, "ALL TIME!"

You all have to read this book and then come on here and leave me comments so we can fan girl together. And when you reach a certain shower scene...dear God...please please let me know that I'm not alone in the swooning.

Buy Mr. Fixer Upper on Amazon: HERE
Check out my interview with Lucy Score: HERE

You can also check out my reviews of Lucy's other books below!
*Rock Bottom Girl Review
*The Worst Best Man Review

No comments:

Post a Comment