"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Up In Flames by Abbi Glines

It's happened.
The Rosemary Beach series has come to an end.
I'm not going to lie, my heart hurts.
We've had our ups and our downs, our good times and bad but at the end of the day there's no denying that I love Rosemary Beach. Because I think of you all as my close friends I am going to be honest with you, I was skeptical about this installment. Since Fallen Too Far I have been 100% #NanHater so when I found out this book was about Nan...ugh. To say I was less than thrilled would be an understatement.
I can't believe I'm going to say this...I mean it...I really can't believe it but...I'm a...a...#NanLover now.
If you think I'm crazy then just wait until you read this!! (It will be released June 28th)
They say that people who are awful usually are that way for a reason. I tried to see the good in Nan throughout the series but could never really see any. Okay that's a bit harsh, she did have some moments. Like one in particular with Harlow that was pretty cool. But other than that she usually just sucked big time.
When I first heard about this book I was under the impression that it was going to be about Nan and Major. We meet Major a few books back in the series (he's Mace's cousin) and while I did like him he wasn't my favorite. However I did think that it would be good for Nan to finally find someone. Not going to lie I thought he was a poor choice just because he was kind of a man whore to be blunt.
I am a big fan of books where the guy meets the right girl though and then settles down - obviously, isn't that basically what this series is?
Turns out Major is supposed to get Nan to fall for him so he can find out some information on this super bad guy and see if Nan has anything to do with this dudes trouble.
Unfortunately Major isn't nearly as slick as he thinks he is so Nan runs off to Vegas and meets Gannon who she pretty much instantly falls for.
This installment in the series was really great because while it was still hot like the rest of the books and you still got that emotional aspect you also got a mystery that I REALLY enjoyed.
Abbi Glines can do no wrong.
I'm really happy that she concluded the series with Nan because I feel like we have a closure we wouldn't have had if this book had been someone else's story.
If you are a fan of this series then I think you'll enjoy Up In Flames as much as I did. And if you haven't started the series DO IT!!
 
Buy Up In Flames Here:
Amazon
 
I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you'd like to buy books with FREE SHIPPING and put a little change in my pocket then click HERE
 
Listen to my playlist for Up In Flames on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment