"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, June 9, 2016

NY Times By The Book Tag

 
I saw one of my favorite BookTubers -Jesse from Jesse The Reader - do this tag and it looked like a lot of fun. I feel like it's been a hot minute since I've done a tag so maybe that's why I got so excited. If you'd like to watch Jesse's video you can click this link right here --> JesseTheReader
Enjoy!!

1. What book is on your nightstand now?
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.

2. What was the last truly great book that you read?
I've actually had a pretty good reading year so far. I don't think I've read anything that I didn't enjoy. The first book that comes to mind when reading this though is one I read last year and that is November 9th by Colleen Hoover. My goodness I love that book.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?
Oh my gosh I don't know!! Part of me wants to say John Green so I could ask him how Hazel Grace is doing. But then I kind of don't want to know. So then I want to say Abbi Glines and ask about my beloved Rosemary Beach series but I think I'd fangirl to much. Oh wait no I know!! Stephenie Meyer and I'd ask her WHEN THE HELL SHE'S GOING TO RELEASE MIDNIGHT FREAKING SUN.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves? Hmm...I don't know if there is anything on my shelves you'd be surprised to see. Maybe some of the classics I have because I don't really read many. Umm...I'm not sure really.

5. How do you organize your personal library?
Unfortunately I don't have big beautiful bookshelves the Booktubers I watch have. I have book above my window, in shelves, in...gasp...totes...they're kind of everywhere right now. I do have all my signed books and books from authors I've interviewed put together but that's about as far as my organization goes right now.

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
I keep meaning to finish the Infernal Devices trilogy. I started Clockwork Prince and then stopped reading it because I got distracted by another book and just haven't picked it up since.

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn't? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry. Everyone and their brother and sister seemed to like this book and I just didn't get it. Same with Eleanor and Park...I don't understand. I already answered the second part to this in the answer above, Clockwork Prince. Not because I didn't like it though...just haven't finished it.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
I really love New Adult so I'd say that's what I'm most drawn to. I also am a sucker for Paranormal Romance sometimes. I usually stay away from Sci-Fi and Non-Fiction.

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?
Sorry guys...The Fault in Our Stars. It's just so dang beautiful. I know I should probably choose something like The Hunger Games and be like dude don't let something like this ever happen. But I just want everyone to read TFIOS so yeah...

10. What do you plan to read next?
I bought A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Mass a couple weeks back so I think that's next on my TBR.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment