"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Books That Made Me Cry

So I was watching my dear Heather from Bookables the other day and she did a video where she talked about books that made her cry. I thought that it was a really great video so of course I wanted to do a post about it. If you'd like to watch her video click HERE

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
It's not like you're surprised to read that one. This book made me cry the first time I read it but when I read it the second time I sobbed. Like horrible ugly cry sobbing. It was bad. This book is just so beautiful and the love between Augustus and Hazel is the best. If you've not read this book then my gosh where have you been??

2. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Boy oh boy did this book make me cry. I read this book shortly after my grandpa passed away so I felt like I related to this book really well. It was so sad and I cried so hard I couldn't read the words on the page.

3. Me Against You by Jojo Moyes
I haven't finished this book yet - I've got about 100 pages left - and I already know that this book is going to break me. I've gotten choked up a few times already so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the rest of it.

4. November 9 by Colleen Hoover
This book really makes you feel all the feels my friends. I don't remember sobbing in it but I did cry quite a bit.

5. Rule by Jay Crownover
There is a moment in this book when they're talking about Remy that really makes me sad. I've read this book 3 times now and each time my throat gets a little tight and my heart gets a little sad.

6. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
To be honest I don't remember if I cried in this book. I believe that I did but I can't promise you that. I do however vividly remember chucking the book across the room because I was so gosh darn mad.

7. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
I cried in every installment in this trilogy because there are some deep moments. I'm sure you've all read this series by now so you all understand.

8. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
I cried when I finished this book because I was so sad that it was all over. The Twilight series is the first series I remember really loving so when it was done it was extremely sad for me.


2 comments:

  1. I think TFIOS was the one that made me cry the most. It wasn't even his death scene, but rather his pre-funeral. I thought that was the most emotional part. :(

    ReplyDelete