"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Bookish Goals


I've been seeing a lot of BookTube videos of 2014 Book Goals so I decided to be a copy cat and make some goals for myself.
I made a couple goals last year and I think I only achieved like two of them. Oh well. New year.
Here we go!


1. Wrap-Ups
One of my favorite videos to watch on BookTube are TBR's and Wrap-Ups. I thought it'd be fun at the end of the month to do my own. The problem with that is I don't like being told what to read, I kind of just go with the flow. I feel like if I make a list of books to read I won't want to so instead of doing a TBR I'm just going to do a wrap-up.

2. Two Posts A Week
I would like to be more productive with my blog this year. Last year I would run out of ideas or get busy so I just wouldn't post. This year I have already bought a notebook to fill with ideas. I'd like to put up a post every Tuesday and Thursday. Doesn't seem to hard. I believe in myself. ;)

3. Create a Facebook page
How is this book related? Well because I'd like to create a Facebook page for my blog. I've seen how important social media is and I'd like to make it easier for people to talk to me.

4. Read a New (To Me) Author
There are a TON of authors out there that I've wanted to read but just haven't gotten to it yet. I'd like to read a book this year by an author that I've never read before. Maybe I'll find a new favorite.

5. Read a book that everyone but me has read
You know those books that EVERYONE and there freaking mother has read? Yeah I haven't read them. So I'd like to make it a goal to read one.

6. Re-Read a book
I think re-reading is fun but I just don't do it enough. I figure if I make it a goal I have a better chance of actually doing it.

7. Finish 4 series
I have started so many series it's insane. I would like to try and finish a few of them this year to get them out of the way. In my defense people a lot of the books don't come out until this year. So it's not that i'm a bad reader, it's that the authors haven't shared their books yet. Rude.

8. Read 60 books
This year I read about 100 books so I think 60 is a realistic goal. I participated in the Goodreads challenge last year and i'm going to do the same this year, so if you'd like to see my progress you can follow me here
My Goodreads

I feel like this year is going to be a great reading year and I'm determined to make it an amazing year on my blog. Thank you all for your support!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your goals. I look forward to all your reviews. =D

    ReplyDelete