"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Goodbyes by Leslie Welch

It's no secret that I get scared sometimes when I receive a review copy of a book. I've told you all time and time again how I get nervous sometimes because I'm scared I won't like the book - which has happened. Well it didn't happen with The Goodbyes.I really enjoyed this book!!
First of all I have to tell you that the writing to me is like reading poetry, that's how beautiful it is.
The story is about Web Turner and his great love for a girl named Bree.
Web is a really sweet guy from a small town who lives near the girl of his dreams.
Bree is wild and exciting which is basically everything Web is not.
Throughout the story we go back and forth in time. In some chapters we are in present day and Web is in a rush to get to a hospital that is treating Bree. In the other chapters we find ourselves back when the two are teenagers and Web is trying to win her heart.
The gist of the story reminds me of Paper Towns by John Green but while the story is similar the comparison ends there. The thing is this story demands to be told because it happens all the time. Everyone has fallen for the wrong person. You can't help it.
While I was reading this book I felt myself wanting to hug Web and kind of shake him a little bit too. I understand why he loves this crazy girl but my 26 year old heart was saying no no Web you deserve better than that.
Another thing I feel like I have to say is that this isn't your typical contemporary. It's not corny and it isn't predictable.
The only thing I didn't like was Bree. She dealt with some pretty bad things so you end up realizing why she is the way she is but I can't help but not like her. You can't help but love Web so you grow protective over him the more you read but in return you begin to really dislike Bree. It can't be helped.
Anyway like I said earlier I really enjoyed this book and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a book that will make you get all those feels everyone is always talking about.

The Goodbyes will be released July 12, 2016Buy The Goodbyes Here:
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment