"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Monday, March 24, 2014

Divergent Movie Review


I've never done a movie review on here but I thought it might be fun so I'm going to go for it and hopefully not suck.
If you haven't read the book/watched the movie then wtfrench toast are you doing reading this review? Silly people go away!
I have one word for you guys.
Wow.
This movie was so dang good! Like holy crap good.
I went into expecting it to be cool but I didn't think that I would be so into it! I loved the book Divergent so when I first heard about the movie I was stoked. However after reading Allegiant I've gotta be honest and tell you that I wasn't as excited for the movie.
I'm not going to get into why that was because if you haven't yet read Allegiant (what's wrong with you?) I don't want to ruin anything. But I will say that I don't at ALL like how the series ends so I wasn't that pumped for the movie anymore.
However Shailene Woodley is bomb and Theo James is kick-ass and delicious so I wasn't missing this movie.
I had so much fun watching it that as soon as it was finished I wanted to go see it again!
I've been really happy with book to movie adaptations lately because they have been reeeeally close to the book. This makes my heart happy.
Whether or not you've read the books I really believe that you'll like the movie.
I went to see it with my brother and my best friend (neither of which have read the book) and they loved it!
It's got the romance I wanted and the action that kept me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait until they make the second movie.
Before I wrap this up I have to say that the acting in this movie was incredible! Shailene has come SO far from her Secret Life days and Theo was incredible. I also really enjoyed seeing Miles Teller (even though he was a dick) and Kate Winslet. Ooooh I was also freaking out when I saw Ansel Elgort!
All in all I loved this movie so I definitely think you should go watch it. Like now.
GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment