"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sarah Billington Interview



Yes you did read the title of this post correctly. I interviewed Sarah Billington!

Now's the time where I start fan girling around the room.

She's an awesome author and a super cool person to talk to!

So so many thanks go out to her for giving me her time and doing this interview!

I hope you enjoy!





1. Have you always wanted to be a writer? How long have you been writing for?

Always always. I've been writing since I can remember. First with pencil and paper. Then I got my pen license at school and there was no holding me back. The house was filled with loose-leaf paper and notebooks. That mess stopped when I started typing, and now it's my hard drive full of documents, not my bedroom.

2. If you could do anything other than write, what would you want to do?

I also work as a freelance editor, editing other authors books as well as working for copy writers and businesses. I love working with words and helping authors get their stories to read as amazingly as it sounded in the author's head.

3. What kind of books do you like to read?

I'm a YA girl all the way. I like contemporary romances, dytopians, thrillers, sci fi, horror, comedies, paranormal... When i'm writing contemporary I tend to be READING dystopians and thrillers etc.

4. Are there any authors that you idolise?

John Marsden was my hero as a child, and he always will be. I wanted to write amazing books like him. He really got me started and i'm so grateful. These days, as I love writing comedy, I totally idolise Louise Rennison and Brent Crawford. I freaking love their books. LOVE.

5. In "The Kiss Off" Ty and his band go on tour. If you were in a band who would you want to tour with?

I would love to tour with McFly. They just always seem to be having so much fun, and though they take their work seriously, they have a lot of fun with it and keep expanding and trying something new. I respect that. :)

6. Part of Ty's appeal is that he's in a band. Who is your celebrity crush?

Extra came on TV just now and my celebrity crush is totally Andrew Garfield.
(And) like all Walking Dead fans, Daryl Dixon aka Norman Reedus. From the first couple of episodes I did NOT expect it, but there it is.

7. How did you come up with Poppys character?

I think the events of the story are really what shaped her, or me. I wanted to write about this really opinionated character, who felt jilted and wasn't taking it lying down. She's much more of a drama queen than I am, so she's pretty fun to write.

8. Is Ty based on anyone you know?

Sadly, no.

9. Which character did you most enjoy writing about?

I liked writing the boys from Academy of Lies. I'm not a big fan of the swoon worthy guy depicted in so many novels, who is obsessed with a girl and his whole world revolves around her. I'm not a fan of guys in books who think like women do. My guys hit each other all the time and stacks on, and have races in shopping trolleys because it's fun. They're just guys, and they're fun to write.

10. What made you want to write a sequeal to "The Kiss Off"?

I like the characters, and I have more stories to write about them, but they have to be the RIGHT stories. I want to write spin offs for Ty, Mads and Vanya as well at some point.

11. As of right now are you ending with "The Kiss Off 2" or do you plan on writing a series?

There will be a third in the series, set some place exotic. It all depends on if I get some grants I applied for as to where it'll be set! The third will be the last official Kiss Off book.

12. "The Kiss Off" is all about music. What are some of your favorite bands/singers?

My favourites at the moment are McFly, All Time Low, Marc Broussard, and I love that song Thank You by MKTO.

13. Do you listen to music while writing?

Nooooo. It's distracting! I listen to the music instead of writing.

14. When is the release or "The Kiss Off 2"

GOOD QUESTION. I have some stuff in the works that I can't really talk about just yet that may affect the release date. I was aiming for July, but it's all a bit up in the air right now, unfortunatly. But with a good reason, I promise!

15. If "The Kiss Off" had a theme song what would it be?

What the Hell by Avril Lavigne.


SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS!

Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Official Website
Official Blog


Want to read The Kiss Off? Of course you do! Buy it here!




Amazon
Amazon UK
Smashwords
Barnes & Noble
Book Depository
Fishpond


Don't forget to add The Kiss Off 2 to your Goodreads TBR!
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment