"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Happy Bookaholic Tag Take Two



Back in 2014 my 24 year old self did this tag. I saw it on another bloggers page - well I saw theirs - and it made me want to do it again. I figured hey it's been 3 years, I wonder if my answers will change at all. I included my old answers below as well as my new answers so we can all see how much they've changed. 2014 answers will be like this and 2017...will not. Enjoy!! :)
1. What do you love about buying new books?
The feeling you get knowing you're holding a new adventure in your hands. Wow that sounded lame.

I love being able to escape which is basically the same answer I gave 3 years ago but in different words. Books take us into different worlds and it's nice to escape sometimes.

2. How often do you buy new books?
I bought a book last Friday and that's the first book I've bough in months. I used to go on crazy book buying sprees but lately I just haven't been interested. It's a problem, I know.

I bought the 4th book in the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day like 2 weeks ago? I told myself that if I could finish 3 books then I was allowed to go buy a new one. I have been able to do that occasionally but sometimes money is spent on other things like food and other things necessary for living.

3. Bookstore or online book shopping - which do you prefer?
I love going to the bookstore because it's fun to be able to see the books and hold them. But I also like online shopping because it's usually a lot cheaper, especially for hardcover books.

I still love going to the bookstore and looking for books but now that I have a very active and interested toddler and tighter fundage it's much easier to do online shopping. However when we do go to the bookstore it is exciting to see how happy he gets to look at books.

4. Do you have a favorite bookstore?
There is a used/new bookstore about 2 hours away that I've gone to quite a bit and I LOVE it.

Amazon has been my friend lately.

5. Do you preorder books?
The only physical book I've ever pre-ordered is Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. But I have ordered quite a few e-books.

Breaking Dawn is still the only physical book I've ever pre-ordered.

6. Do you have a monthly book buying limit?
Not right now only because I haven't really been buying books. When I do get addicted to book buying I usually buy them used so I never really spend a lot of money.

Nope, never really saw a need for it.

7. Book buying bans - are they something for you?
Ha. That's laughable. No, they are in fact not for me.

Haha, still no.

8. How big is your wishlist?
So. Big.

So. Big.

9. Which 3 books (from your wishlist or preorders) would you like to own now?
-Nash by Jay Crownover
-Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines
-City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

-Without Merit by Colleen Hoover (which I was actually just sent an ARC of!! :) I'm so stoked it's insane)
-Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
-Like A Memory by Abbi Glines (Yep, still adore that woman)







No comments:

Post a Comment