"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, September 15, 2016

After You by Jojo Moyes

The other day I did a post on my love for the movie adaptation of Me Before You. I loved the book and the movie so of course I needed to pick up After You. I actually think I told you guys I bought it a while ago and just hadn't picked it up yet.
Well I did.
And you know what? I really enjoyed it.
SPOILERS AHEAD!!
REPEAT SPOILERS AHEAD!!
IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ME BEFORE YOU THEN YOU MUST STOP READING. WELL I SUPPOSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED THEN WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!!

...

I'M NOT KIDDING...

...

Alright now that we've gotten that out of the way I can tell you that I thought it was awesome that Jojo Moyes showed us what life is like for Lou after...
SERIOUSLY GUYS I'M GOING TO SPOIL IT...
...after Will dies.
I remember when I saw the movie A Walk To Remember for the first time - heads up i'm going to spoil the ending for that too in 5, 4, 3, 2 - and after Janie died I wanted to know what happened to Landon. I mean I know they show him later on but I want to know what happened to him down the road. Did he ever get married? Have kids? Did he stay friends with that guy who decided to dive in the lake thingy?
I was excited and nervous all at once when I heard about this book. Part of me was so happy because I wanted to make sure Lou was okay. I wanted to make sure that she was happy and that she could move on from what happened. The other part of me was hesitant because I love Lou and Will. I wasn't sure I wanted to see her move on or read about her story without Will in it.
That's the thing though, Will is still very prominent. I mean no he's not around but he's a part of Lou.
I also have to say that going into this I thought we'd see Lou maybe depressed and then maybe she'd meet a guy and that would be great. While those did happen I never EVER thought that things would take a turn the way they do.
I don't really want to tell you what happens because I feel like it's better to go into the book without knowing much.
With that being said all I can really say is that you should definitely pick this up if you've read Me Before You and you want to see how Lou is.

Buy After You Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Kobo

I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you'd like to buy a book with free shipping and also put some change in my pocket then click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment