"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Allure of Julian Lefray by R.S. Grey

If you're looking for a light read that will entertain you throughout the entire length of the book then this is what you've been searching for.
This book is so fun!!
When I first saw the cover the font drew my attention but sometimes books with covers like these end up being cheesy and not worth the time you have to put into them. Not the case with The Allure of Julian Lefray.
If you look at the top of the cover you'll see that it says "a romantic comedy" and that's exactly what this is. I felt like I was watching a romcom the entire time I was reading, which I love. I think it's fantastic when you read a book and see it playing in your mind like a movie.
The book follows Julian and Josephine and is told in dual perspectives which hello I love!!
Josephine is from Texas and she's a fashion blogger who has recently moved to the big city of New York. Fellow blogger *raises hands in the air like a dweeb*
Julian is handsome, loaded, and is helping his sister start up her fashion line while she's in rehab...ahem...on vacation.
Josephine ends up getting to go to this party the first week she's in New York and it's there that she meets Julian. The two instantly hit it off and when she finds out who he is she tells him that she's applying for a job at his sisters company.
Long story short she interviews with him and he hires her. Duh.
The two begin working together at his hotel - oh yes, his hotel - and they begin to realize that not only do they genuinely enjoy each others company they also are crazy attracted to each other.
It does take a hot minute for the two to finally get together but there are moments where they come so excruciatingly close.
Josephine is hilarious and I absolutely loved her. She was super relatable and I found myself loving her even more throughout the length of the book. Julian is one of my new crushes. He is so funny and the chemistry that Josephine and him share is amazing. I loved the way the two played off of each other and while I was reading it I kept thinking, "I hope I find someone like that someday."
I also loved the supporting characters as well but mostly Dean. As soon as I found out that R.S. Grey wrote a book about him I had to download it - I'm currently reading it btw and it's AWESOME!!
The Allure of Julian Lefray is fast paced and so much fun to read. I definitely recommend it to you all.

Buy The Allure of Julian Lefray Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you'd like to put a little change in my pocked by purchasing a book with free shipping then click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment