"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, March 31, 2016

I'm A DUFF: Jay Crownover

It is absolutely no surprise to you all when I say I love Jay Crownover. She was my very first interview and she's the author of one of my favorite series, The Marked Men.
As you know I started a series in January called I'm A DUFF where I have people tell their stories on why they're a DUFF.
The first month was my story, February belongs to my new friend Cloe and this month I talked to Jay.
I wrote her and first asked if she had read The DUFF.  
"I do love that book. Wes was one of the first book boyfriends I ever loved."
I also approached her with my idea to which she said, "Awww....that's a sweet idea however...I totally dig myself fully and wholly. Lol...I'm not the girl that ever questions what I'm doing or how I'm going about it. I'm not the DUFF and I would never allow anyone to classify me as such. Not in a bad way...it's just not who I am as a person. Keep inspiring others and having a huge heart....the world needs more of that ♡♡♡♡"
I loved what she said so much that I asked her if I could share it with you guys.
Because she's the fabulous Jay Crownover she said yes. ;)
I think it's incredibly inspiring to know who you are and love yourself. That's my whole point for doing these posts. When I said this to her she wrote back quite possibly the best two sentences I've ever read.
"Well I've learned the hard way in life that no one else will ever care as much about you and yours as YOU do. I'm never ashamed to be my own biggest fan."
Not only is she a fantastic writer she's an amazing and empowering women and I think we all could learn a thing or two from what she had to say.
Of course before our conversation came to an end I asked her if there was a song that I could include that inspired her, Below you'll find her answer as well as a video of the song she chose.
"How about My Best Girl by Lucero? He's singing about his guitar but it sounds like he's singing about a girl that he loves. Really the music is the one thing that he's always had and has never let him down...books and words is kind of that way for me...Books are my best girl...lol"


If you'd like to share your story please e-mail me at abookloversplaylist@yahoo.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment