"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Pay It Forward

Normally on this page I only write about books, music, book boyfriends, interview authors and other things equally bookish. Today however we're going to do something a little different.
I'm sick of the hate that people are spreading in our world.
Every time I see a news article -whether it be about politics or pop culture- somebody has something negative to say. I'm not talking a simple "Ew I don't like Kanye West." I'm talking about mass hate and it's ridiculous.
It takes literally one second to say "You're wonderful."
Instead of insulting people and making them feel like they are the lowest form of scum how about we lift one another up. How about a "Good job," or a "You're great."
I'm so sick and tired of looking at comments on articles where the only things people have to say are hateful.
This is why I think we as a community need to start "Paying it Forward" I know some people do this by paying for someone's gas or by giving them food. I believe that you can pay it forward without it costing you a cent. How? Say something nice. Do something nice. If you see someone fall, help them up. If you go to see a local band play a bar tell them they did a great job. Just do something nice.
I really do believe we can change the world but we all have to join together to do it.
From this point on I'm going to be the best version of myself that I can be. Not just for me or for my son but for everyone.
So my friends if you're feeling down just know that you're wonderful. ☮✌




2 comments:

  1. The comment sections on news or politics can be ugly. I don't usually venture there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're awful!! I was reading something on the Oscars the other day and people were losing their minds! I couldn't believe it.

      Delete