"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Books You'd Pair With "A Required Reading" or Books That Should Be Required Reading

I chose books that should be required reading because it was to hard for me to pick books to pair with a required reading book. I took the easy way I out I know. : )


10. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
I pick this book because it deals with a lot of issues that I think kids could relate to. I mean Park doesn't feel like he's good enough and Eleanor is being harrassed in her own home. Unfortunatly I think a lot of kids can find them selves relating to this story.

9. Crank by Ellen Hopkins
Man once you read this book you're like "Psh i'm never ever ever doing drugs." That's good to teach in school right?

8. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
This book deals with an issue that is completely real. Therfore I think that it should be read in school.

7. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
This book is funny so it would keep students entertained but it also deals with homosexuality and other things. I think this is an excellent book to have kids read.

6. Divergent by Veroinca Roth
It's a dystopian that I believe will be a classic. I'm just thinking ahead of the game.

5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
I don't believe I really need to tell you why this should be required reading.

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
When assigning this book teachers should say "Students this is what you don't want to happen to the world. So read the book and don't let this crazy stuff happen."

3. The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
I haven't actually read this book. AH! I know I know. But i've heard it's excellent. And from what i've read about it I do think it'd be a great required reading book.

2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
This book teaches you so much. It teaches you about life, friendship, grief. It's beautifully written and I think it should be required to read. It's just that freaking good.

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Again I don't feel like I need to explain why I chose this book. It's amazing first of all. The issues it deals will touch people. I love this book and I definatly no doubt about it think this should be required reading.

1 comment:

  1. Great picks. I agreed that some of these would be great required reading for teens.

    ReplyDelete