"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, February 9, 2017

My Kind of Forever by Heidi McLaughlin

I have been having a pretty great reading year so far until the other day when I finished "To Hate Adam Connor" by Ella Maise. Why was it great until then? Well because I was stumped as to what to read next. So of course I pulled out my handy dandy kindle and browsed the Kindle store. Unfortunately nothing was coming up that was really grabbing me so I decided to start typing in authors that I like, to see if they had any books that I hadn't read yet. 
And then there it was.
My Kind of Forever.
Just sitting there guys like it had been waiting for me.
Yes, I fangirled. I screamed and after my mother's heart rate went back to normal and she could ask why in the heck I was bouncing and screeching I told her that I LOVE "The Beaumont Series" and that I had forgotten that this book was released!!
Obviously I one clicked that sucker and started it right then.
If you haven't read the other books in the series then I have to say...what on earth is wrong with you? My gosh I've gone on and on about how wonderful this series is. I have reviewed the other books in the series which you can check out below:
Forever My Girl
My Unexpected Forever
Finding My Forever
Finding My Way
I was also able to do an interview with the oh so lovely Heidi McLaughlin which you can check out by clicking HERE
If you haven't read the other books in the series then you probably shouldn't read this review. Unless you're a big fat spoiler like me and in that case proceed.
This is the 5th book in the series but it's more like the 2nd book to Liam and Josie's story which is why I was so excited. I'm not going to lie the 2nd book in the series is actually my favorite but it's because I really love Harrison. However I was very excited to see how all of these characters I love so dearly have been.
In this installment Liam is heading back to LA with the rest of the band because they miss their music and the band hasn't been getting as much recognition...or money...as they used to. Josie stays home with Noah so he can continue with sports and so she can wait for the arrival of the baby that Liam and her are adopting. While Liam is in LA Josie gets a book delivered to her that's an unauthorized biography about Liam with pages from Sam (the psycho ex manager/kind of girlfriend/total nut job) that don't exactly paint everyone in the best light.
I loved this book because it was so nice to see these amazing characters again and to see that they are all so happy. Unfortunately I did have some issues with this book. I know...I'm sad too. First of all Josie was constantly doubting herself throughout most of the book and at first I felt bad but then I just kind of got annoyed. I'm sure it would be extremely hard to be in her position but I felt bad for Liam because he kept having to defend himself and try and prove to her that he loved her. I felt like all the doubting should've been something she was over by now. The other thing that I didn't like was the fact that it didn't even feel like they were together for most of the book. Usually we see a couple progress throughout a book just to hit this monumentally bad moment and then they get over it and live happily ever after. This was more like bad bad bad oh it's good now and the book is also over, which made me sad.
With all of that being said I did like it more than I disliked it and I'm so glad I got to reconnect with these characters. I also read the Heidi plans on writing about the kids when they're adults and that got me all kinds of excited.
All in all I would recommend this book if you've read the others. And again if you haven't read the others then GO DO IT!!

Buy My Kind of Forever Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

Listen to my playlist for My Kind of Forever on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment