"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Unexpected Forever by Heidi McLaughlin


Alright so I reviewed Forever My Girl a few posts ago and I told you all how I was desperately in love with it. I think I may have been wrong. I am desperately in love with My Unexpected Forever.

Man oh man.

I love Liam but I think my heart belongs to Harrison.

I fell crazy hard for him in Forever My Girl and he was only in it for a little while. So of course when I found out the second book was about him I was freaking stoked!

I also really loved Katelyn in the first book so I was really eager to see if her and Harrison could work things out.

If you've read the first book - which you better have if you're reading this review. If not then SHOO! - you know that Katelyn loses her husband Mason which leads to Liam coming back to town which leads to A LOT. At the end of the first book we meet Harrison and his son Quinn who have recently moved to Beaumont so Harrison can continue to make music with Liam.

It was implied that Harrison had googly eyes for Katelyn and home girl can't lie, she totally dug him too.
In this book we get to see their relationship bloom and it was amazing.
I LOVED every scene when they were like a little family. Harrisons son Quinn is the absolute best kid ever. I also really loved getting to know the twins better.
One of the best things about these books is that you get a crazy amount of feelings. I cried in this book just like I did Forever My Girl.
Another plus was the - ahem - steamier scenes. So. Freaking. Hot.
With all the goodness said I must be honest and say that Katelyn got on my nerves a couple of times. I know she lost her husband and she felt like she was betraying him but she kept going back and forth and that was exhausting. She also kept doubting Harrison - again understandable with her position - but it got aggravating.
If you enjoyed the first book then you must continue with the series.
It's beyond good.

Oh shoot I almost forgot! If you were curious about what happens to Liam and Josie don't worry you're pretty little head! You get plenty of them in My Unexpected Forever!

My Unexpected Forever Playlist
Endlessly by Green River Ordinance
You're The Reason I Come Home by Ron Pope
Arms by Christina Perri
We've Got Tonight by Phillip Phillips
Collide by Howie Day
Show Me What I'm Looking For by Carolina Liar
Falling Slowly by Kris Allen
Forever and Always by Parachute

Buy Here
Amazon
KOBO
 
BONUS
While I was scrolling through Google Images trying to find the cover of My Unexpected Forever I came across this picture of a possible Harrison. You. Are. Welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment