"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Finding My Way by Heidi McLaughlin

I started reading the Beaumont Series by Heidi McLaughlin a few months ago and pretty much read them all back to back.
Why did I marathon read them you ask?
Because they are amazing, that's why.
When I heard that Heidi was releasing a prequel book telling us about Liam before he reconnects with Josie I was like heck yes sign me up!
I really enjoyed finding out more about Liam and what made him tick. When you read Forever My Girl you wonder what really made Liam leave Beaumont in the first place. Why did he leave Josie if he loved her so much? Well my friends all of our questions are answered in this book.
It was also really fun meeting a younger Harrison...he's my favorite. :)
Oh and Mason! We get to read more about Mason which was really great. He's already passed away by the time the series started so you don't really know much about him. Sure they talk about him and they have moments where they have memories of him that they share but you don't get much of him. This book obviously wasn't about him so you don't get a ton of him but you get more than you have before and it's nice.
I will admit though that younger Liam pissed me off sometimes..and so did young Josie. WAIT! Don't hate me!
Let me explain!
I understand that he was going through a lot and had an incredible amount of pressure on him but he still didn't need to leave Josie the way he did. And as far as Josie is concerned she pissed me off because Liam was trying to tell her how unhappy he was and she wouldn't listen. She had this perfect little vision in her head and she wasn't swaying.
Aside from the few moments of irritation I really enjoyed this book. If you are a fan of the Beaumont series then I would check this one out.


Finding My Way Playlist:
Wherever You Will Go by The Calling
Here Without You by 3 Doors Down
Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
Bent by Matchbox Twenty
The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe
Lightning Crashes by Live
Closing Time by Semisonic
Drive by Incubus



Buy Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment