"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, October 2, 2014

T. Torrest Interview

I've been lucky enough the past couple weeks to talk with author T. Torrest and can I just say that I love her? She's not only a really great author but she's also a blast to talk to. I really appreciate her taking the time to do this interview with me so many many thanks go out to her.
I had a lot of fun doing this interview so I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did :)



1. Is writing something you've always loved doing? 
Yes, but I never thought about making it a career. I wrote plays when I was younger, bad poetry as a teenager, and I kept a diary throughout most of my life. Nowadays, I find writing is something I HAVE to do. And I couldn't be happier about it.


2. Which 5 authors do you love so much that you automatically buy their books when they have a new release?
I wish I had a better answer here, but I hardly have time to read AT ALL these days! I'll drop everything for a new Stevie Kisner or LB Simmons, though, and I may or may not stalk Judith McNaught from time to time. Other than that, whenever I actually find the time to read, I'll simply grab whatever catches my eye at that moment.

3. How do you come up with names for the characters in your books?
Some are family members or friends; some are just offbeat names I like. I try to carefully balance the odd names with some everyday, ordinary ones, just like actual humans in real life.

4. I read that you ended Remember When without a cliffhanger so you don't have to read the rest of the books if you don't want to. Is this true and if so why did you choose to write them that way?
RW1 has a bittersweet ending, but you're right; I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger. In fact, I grappled with RW2's cliffy, because I wasn't looking to torture my readers. I worked on a few alternate scenarios, but there was really no other way for that book to end. I made sure to wrap up EVERY loose end in RW3 to make up for it, though.

5. What made you want to have Remember When take place in the 90s?
Well, considering Layla is telling us this story from her present, I needed a year to flash back to. I graduated in 1990, so it was easy to put myself back in that time and portray it accurately.

6. Trip is an incredibly talented actor and totally crush worthy, which actor do you swoon for?
Oooh. I swoon for quite a few, but Brad Pitt's always at the top of my list.

7. Trip just got the lead in a remake of your favorite movie! What movie will he appear in and who will he be playing?
Good question! It's too easy to say "Slap Shot" or "Sixteen Candles," so I'll go with Dirk Diggler in "Boogie Nights."

8. Woo hoo! Let's pretend Remember When is becoming a movie! Who is playing Layla and Trip on the big screen?
I get asked this a lot, and normally, I don't like to answer, only because I like to leave readers to their own imagination. That said, I'll give you a few names that others have brought up (and that I wouldn't be opposed to). LAYLA: Leighton Meester, Minka Kelly. TRIP: Matt Lanter, Alex Pettyfer, Taylor Kitsch, James Preston.
 
9. Layla and Trip are such a fun couple! I loved reading about them and watching their relationship blossom. Who is your favorite book couple?
Hmmm. Tough one. Rhett and Scarlett, maybe?

10. I thought Layla was a really cool female protagonist and I really liked getting to know her. What do you look for in female protagonists?
Someone I can relate to, someone who's not annoying or stupid or mean.

11. If Remember When had a theme song what would it be?
Easy one! "Paradise City" all the way, baby.


Follow T. Torrest Here:
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads



No comments:

Post a Comment