"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Remember When by T. Torrest

So here's the story...
The other day I was scrolling through the many books that Netgalley offers and ran across this gem. The cover looked pretty summery and light which was exactly what I was looking for.
Lately I've been reading some darker books so a light chick lit is exactly what the doctor ordered.
I'm so glad that I got approved for this book because I thought it was really fun.
Our female protagonist is named Layla and can I just say that I thought she was awesome? At first - I'm not going to lie - I wasn't digging her to much. She seemed a little shy and offish in the begining. Oh boy was I wrong. Layla is a really strong girl with a funny attitude and great personality.
Enter Trip our resident heart throb.
Trip is new to school but being new doesn't stop him from talking to Layla. As soon as the two first interact I was hooked. I knew I wanted them together and I knew I wanted their relationship to last.
The two start off as friends- even though they clearly have feelings for each other. Mixed signals happen...as usual. Urgh. The more the two spend time together though the more they realize they care for each other.
I hope i'm not giving you a spoiler here but eventually the two get together. I know what you're thinking, "I would hope they get together other wise that book sucks!" My sentiments exactly which is why I don't care if I spoiled you.
As I said Layla is a great character and I loved Trip. I loved getting to know them better and really enjoyed watching their relationship develop.
Remember When also takes place in the 1990's so duh of course I liked it. :)
If you're looking for a sweet chick lit book then I'd definitely recommend you pick this one up!

Remember When Playlist:
Crush by Jennifer Paige (I heard this song in my head the first time Trip and Layla meet :P )
You're A God by Vertical Horizon
Crazy For This Girl by Evan & Jaron
Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer
She's So High by Tal Bachman
Layla by Eric Clapton (It had to be done)
Paradise City by Guns N Roses (You'll know why I chose this once you read the book)


Buy Here:
Amazon
B & N



No comments:

Post a Comment