"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Bookish Scenarios Tag

1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres - contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?
Why are you making me get rid of all my books? That's just mean! What did I do to you?
Ugh.
Contemporary: The Fault in Our Stars!!
Fantasy: Can I consider Twilight Fantasy?
Non-Fiction: I don't really read non-fiction so I can I keep another book?

2. You're at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don't like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren't big on reading - what book is it?
Instantly I think TFIOS because it's pure genius, but then after thinking about it that might be a bad choice. That book rips out your heart for a minute there and that could really make the kid hate books. These questions are hard too because it really depends on the person. Oh hell, who cares, I'm choosing TFIOS.

3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?
The first half of TFIOS puts me in a great mood. I got bored a couple months back and just wanted to read something that would make me smile. I was scanning through my kindle and saw The Fault in Our Stars and was like heck yes I'll read that again. Turned out to be an excellent decision.

4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Shocker.

5. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the way?
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour because hello it's about a road trip. How fitting is that?

6. Your house has been robbed! Don't worry - everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What's the book you really hope is safe?
Why would someone steal my books? Does no one have morals anymore?! I would hope my signed books are safe. Yes I know that's more than one but that's my answer.

7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven't noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs
I'm not outspoken enough to come right out and ask them to repurchase it but I would guilt them until they offered to buy me a new copy.

2 comments:

  1. If you think TFIOS is genious,you are in for a huuuuge suprise when you grow older and start reading different books hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a variety of books not just young adult, so I don't really think I'm in for any surprises. We're all entitled to our own opinions and mine is that TFIOS is genius. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete