"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Nope Book Tag


1. Nope: Ending
A book that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.
The ending of Allegiant. I threw the book, I kid you not.

2. Nope: Protagonist
A main character you dislike and drives you crazy.
Nan from the Rosemary Beach series drove me bonkers. When I found out Abbi Glines wrote a book for her I was not a happy little camper...but I ended up loving her because Abbi Glines does this to you.

3. Nope Series
A series that turned out to be one huge pile of nope after you've invested all that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn't worth it anymore.
Can I say the Divergent series? I mean I already said Allegiant. I loved the first book, liked the 2nd and felt like I'd wasted all my time after the 3rd.

4. Nope: Popular Pairing
A "ship" you don't support.
Katniss and Peeta. #TeamGale

5. Nope: Plot Twist
A plot twist you didn't see coming or didn't like.
I didn't see a plot twist that happened in the Mortal Instruments series concerning Jace and Clary. I won't say it just in case you haven't read it.

6. Nope: Protagonist action/decision
A character decision that made you shake your head.
When Edward breaks Bella's car so she can't go see Jacob. Not cool man, not cool.

7. Nope: Genre
A genre you will never read.
I don't see myself reading Sci-fi.

8. Nope: Trope
A trope that makes you go nope.
Not the biggest fan of love triangles. Sometimes I don't mind them but when that's all I've been reading I'm kinda over it.

9. Nope: Recommendation
A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read.
I don't really refuse to read it but the Throne of Glass series is so hyped and I just don't really see myself getting into it.

10. Nope: Cliche/pet peeve
A cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.
When authors say "I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding." I actually giggle every time I read that.

11. Nope: Love Interest

The love interest that's not worthy of being one/A character you don't think should have been a viable love interest.
Peeta. #TeamGale :P

12. Nope: Villain
A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.
Lord Voldemort...he's a scary SOB.

2 comments: