"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

It Happens All The Time by Amy Hatvany

Before I start this review I want to say that I was sent this book for my honest opinion. I wanted to put that disclaimer out there because you guys are my friends and I'm always going to be honest with you. If I'm sent a book and I don't like it, I'm going to tell you. If I like it or love it then of course I'll tell you - and I'll be a bit more excited to share it with you.
When I read the plot I immediately was intrigued because I have NEVER read a book like this. To be honest I've never even heard of a book like this.
This book follows a girl who was raped but it's not that simple and that's what makes this book so necessary to read.
It Happens All The Time is told in dual perspectives so we not only get to hear Ambers side of the story but we also hear Tylers. Now before you say you don't want to hear his side because he shouldn't even be allowed to have one let me say something. When I first found out that it was in dual POV I thought that's crazy. Why would I care to hear his side? If he raped this girl then he doesn't deserve to have a voice.
Amber and Tyler are childhood friends. They meet at a party Ambers parents throw and Tyler is the new kid in town. Tyler's dad is plain and simple a huge ass and Amber struggles and battles an eating disorder. Through all of their hardships there is one constant and that is their friendship.
In their 20s now Amber is engaged to a man who is good for her but there's one small thing, Tyler is in love with her and always has been.
These moments happen throughout the book that will grip your heart and pull so hard it almost hurts. You feel for these characters and it makes your head spin in circles questioning everything.
Amy Hatvany did such a beautiful job writing this story and I'm so grateful that I was given the chance to read it.
When I went into this book I hated Tyler without even reading a single word written. It didn't take more than 30 pages for me to actually really love him and pray that I had read the synopsis wrong. I kept thinking there's no way that this amazing character could do such a disgusting and cowardly act.
This book is more than meets the eye and I think that it is not only a book that you should read it's a book that you must read.

Buy It Happens All The Time Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

Listen to my playlist for It Happens All The Time on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment