"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O'Roark

"That girl isn't just trouble of the not-a-team-player, not-a-reliable-runner variety. She's trouble of the devious, manipulative, too-f***ing-hot-for-her-own good variety. She's the kind of girl who causes trouble merely by existing, and then makes sure to cause more. And the last thing I need right now is more trouble."

That's the first thing I read when I looked this book up on Goodreads. The second I finished it I started reading Waking Olivia.

Hands down, one of my favorite books of the year.

And yes, I know it's only May.

Olivia is a runner on her college track team with a seriously dark past that she can't seem to remember. Almost every time she wakes up it's in a different location because she basically sleep runs.

Will is the hot track coach who has plenty of his own baggage. He came home to help his mom on their family farm after his father passed and is struggling pretty bad.

Right away the two of them are at each others throats. Olivia can't keep her mouth shut and Will instantly doesn't like her. When she keeps showing up tired and not performing at her potential Will practically forces her to admit that she's running throughout the night. Not sure if he believes her he sits outside her place and sure enough, off she goes. Thus begins her sleeping at his home with him and his mother. What starts off as a coach trying to help his athlete turns into some serious sexual tension - which to be honest is heavy through the entire book.

I'll be honest, I don't always like characters who push things the way Olivia does but I LOVED her. I wanted so desperately for her to let Will in because I felt like she deserved it. I felt like she needed to know that it was okay to actually need someone and let them help you. I also have a massive crush on Will. He is by far one of my favorite male characters I've read this year and probably ever. Watching the two of them navigate their relationship was at times stressful but also really exciting.

I also adored Will's mom and brother and many other characters in Waking Olivia. There really is not one thing I can say I didn't like and that rarely happens.

Without a doubt I recommend you read this book!

Buy Waking Olivia Here:
Amazon
Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment