"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Legally Yours (Spitfire #1) by Nicole French

Skylar Crosby is kind of a bad ass.

She's graduating from Harvard Law, takes care of her family, has a neurotic absent mother, a smart mouth, gorgeous face, and now she has the attention from a seriously swoon worthy guy.

Brandon Sterling is kind of a bad ass.

He's an incredibly successful entrepreneur, has a massive house,  he's sexy, crazy smart, somehow found his way after a terrible childhood, and is now crazy about a certain redhead.


After a night at the bar with friends Skylar goes with one of her closest friends to a house she's never been so she can wait for a ride home. However when she gets there she realizes her man whore of a friend is there to meet a girl who works at the house - not a girl who owns the house. Leaving the servants quarters Skylar heads to the main room to call for a ride when Brandon Sterling walks in. The chemistry is instantaneous and ooh boy could you feel it. Due to weather and a turn of events she ends up staying the night at the house with Brandon - nothing happens ya dirty pervs. Flash forward and Brandon invites her to his office - oh wait did I forget to tell you that he's her BOSS at the place she's interning?!?! Once she arrives he pretty much lays it all out there for how much he wants her but she leaves.

The two end up finding their way to each other after some - well, many - miscommunications and it's so so freaking good.

I thought that Skylar was a really great character. I appreciated that even though she cares so much for Brandon she didn't want him to take care of her. She wanted to make her own way in the world without the help of a man and I think that's really admirable. A lot of times in books you see the hot alpha man taking care of the damsel in distress and even though there were times Brandon saved her she also saved him.

Brandon is a total book boyfriend character. There were times where I was like "what the f were you thinking dude?" But honestly, those moments kind of made me love him more. He is so in love with Skylar and such an amazing man that it's impossible not to fall for him.

Legally Yours was exciting and delicious and I seriously couldn't put it down. The second that I finished it I downloaded the next two and read until my eyes hurt. After I finished the series I was felt a loss without them. Yep, I really did.

I definitely recommend the Spitfire series!

Buy Here:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment