"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mina Vaughn Interview

A few weeks ago I was sent How To Reprimand Your Rock Star so I could read it and review it.

I'm so happy that I got a chance to read this book AND got the chance to interview the author, Mina Vaughn!

I hope you guys like the interview and get a chance to check out her book!
Enjoy!





1. What do you love most about writing?

I love creating new people and experiences! The imagination is an amazing thing and i'm so lucky that I get to share mine with lots of people.

2. Did you always want to be a writer?

I've always been telling stories. My family recalls that I would direct and coordinate all imaginative play when I was a kid, so I was coming up with plots and characters forever. I started formally writing around six or seven years ago.

3. Which authors inspire you the most?

Tiffany Reisz, Alice Clayton, Helena Hunting, E.L. James, Debra Anastasia, and Delilah S. Dawson.

4. If you could be best friends with any fictional character who would you choose?

I would 100% be BFFs with Kingsley Edge from Tiffany Reisz's Original Sinners series. That boy knows how to have a good time.

5. How did you come up with the concept of How To Reprimand Your Rock Star?

I love rock music. Ask any of my friends and they'd tell you that I'm a concert junkie. The rocker mystique is so irresistible, and I imagined that there are more than a few rockers who want to let go of their ego and just let someone dominate them. That's where the idea originally came from, and the thought jazzed me so much that I wrote about 15k of the story in a week!

6. Which scenes did you enjoy writing the most?

Probably scenes with sexual tension with no actual sex. I love the anticipation, the little dance people do when they're courting. Flirting is so fun and sexy, and your imagination goes wild with what the possibilities could be. So yes, tense scenes are my favorite.

7. Who's your favorite character in HTRYRS?

I am personally and unabashedly in love with Keaton. He's so swoony. He's got that suave swagger and that impish quality but underneath he's absolute putty.

8. Which rock star would you want to date?

Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco. He's sexy, got an amazing voice, and can do backflips. I'd put that ability to use.

9. If HTRYRS was turned into a movie and you got to pick the cast, who would you choose?

I'd pick Tom Hiddleston as Keaton Lowe and Sarah Shahi as Thea.

10. If How To Reprimand Your Rock Star had a theme song what would it be?

Wild One by Green Day.

Follow Mina Here!
Website
Twitter
Goodreads
Facebook

How To Reprimand Your Rock Star's Theme Song
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment