"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Like A Memory by Abbi Glines

When I first heard that my beloved Abbi Glines was releasing this series I almost fainted. Seriously, i'm not playing.
It is by no means a secret that I love the Rosemary Beach series. I don't really think we even need to address my love for it because you guys are well aware by now that it's my favorite - next to the Marked Men series by Jay Crownover. Which you also know, who are we kidding.
I have only read the first book in the Sea Breeze series so I don't know all of the characters from those books but Abbi said it's not necessary to even read ANY of the books first but it will provide you with a background. At first I wanted to read the Sea Breeze books before I started this one but I couldn't, I'm far to impatient.
I started reading Like A Memory last Thursday and finished it Friday.
I loved it. I know, I'm sure you're all shocked right now.
So because I haven't read the Sea Breeze books I don't know much about Bliss' parents but Nate is the son of Rush and Blaire who start of the Rosemary Beach books.
When they were teenagers the two met in Sea Breeze and fell in love. Unfortunately after their summer together plans to meet up disappeared when Bliss was diagnosed with a series disease. She didn't want Nate to see her sick so she never responded to any of his calls or texts. Years later they are now in their 20s and Bliss has been clear for 4 years. She decides to move in with her best friend and work for a girl who is opening a clothing store. This girl also happens to be engaged to Nate Finlay.
Nate pretends like he doesn't remember Bliss - which I mean ouch - but that whole act doesn't last long.
I read a few reviews before I started Like A Memory and I was surprised by how many people didn't like it. To be honest it made me nervous going into it. I'm so mad at myself for letting other peoples opinions worry me because I loved it.
If you are a fan of either the Sea Breeze books or Rosemary Beach...or perhaps you just want a good love story...then I definitely recommend you pick this up!!

Buy Like A Memory Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

Listen to my playlist for Like A Memory on Spotify by clicking HERE

I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you want to put some cha-ching in my pocket and get yourself a book with FREE SHIPPING then click right HERE

2 comments:

  1. Omg!!! I love her books, can't wait for read this one <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think after you do!! Maybe we could do a collab review sometime ;)

      Delete