"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Why Do They Do This To Us?!


The other day I was catching up on a favorite television show of mine and do you know what happened? One of the main characters died.
Yep. Died. Dead. Bye bye.
After I finished crying and going through the other stages of television character loss grief I got thinking about how angry it makes when they kill off main characters.
You know what I hate even more than killing them off? Almost killing them, letting them live, and then uh oh yep killing them.
It drives me nuts!!
In this particular show this character had an issue with another person. They almost killed her and she lived. Then she gets in a car accident. And lives. Then she's in the hospital and bam outta nowhere she's gone. Not only did I hate that they killed her off but I hated the way that they did it. You know why they killed her off though? Because she didn't want to be on the show anymore.
I recently read that the girl who plays Emma Swan on Once Upon A Time is leaving the show as well as half the cast. She said that she was ready to move on and it ticked me off.
Listen this is how I feel, if you're going to sign up for a show then you need to commit to it. It's not fair to make us fall in love with you and then leave because you're ready to move on. If you're not interested in a long commitment then don't audition for television shows.
I sometimes wonder if these actors that we love realize the impact that they have on us. Week by week, episode by episode, we fall deeper in love with these characters. They become real to us and we look up to them.
The other thing is if you REALLY don't want to be on the show anymore I think they should agree to be a series regular or even a guest. Letting them kill off their character is way to final and it's not fair to the viewers.
I know this is a little bit different than something I'd normally write but I really needed to vent. If you want to leave me a comment and give me your opinion I would love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment