"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Retreat by Jay Crownover

Alright guys, you know how much I love Jay Crownover. You also know how much I love free books so when I was given the opportunity to receive an ARC of this book I jumped all over it.
Before the story starts Jay writes a little something to her readers - that means me and all of you other Jay lovers - talking about how this book is completely different than anything she's written before. Now I will say that when I read that I was a little bit worried because I love her Marked Men series and she flat out tells us that this has nothing to do with sexy boys with tattoos. However because this is Jay Crownover and I one-click her books without even reading the plot I didn't care. I thought to myself, "Self, even if this book isn't about yummy boys with an exceptional amount of tattoos don't rule it out (hehe Rule...get it?) because Jay is a goddess and I'm sure this book will still be good."
Oh. My. Gosh. Jay, you beautiful creature you. I love you so much. This book was more than I ever thought it was going to be. Did I except amazing characters? Yes. Did I expect really hot fictional boyfriends? Yes. Did I expect some serious sexy time to take place? It's Jay Crownover people, duh. But by no means did I expect this book to be suspenseful and on the edge of my seat.
Okay so I suppose I should probably tell you guys what this book is about. If you've read Jay's books before then you know that she usually tells them in dual POV which you also should know by now that I love. This book was strictly told in Leo's point of few which is our main lady. At first I was a little worried about that, well no not worried but kind of bummed I guess because I love dual POV which hello you know - I did just tell you ;) And while Cy's POV would've been cool I was perfectly content with only hearing Leo's side.
Leo was dating this uber douche and he basically broke her heart - and his marriage vows by making her a mistress. Jerk.
So her best friend Em makes her go on this Retreat in Wyoming where they pretty much follow cowboys out into the woods and ride around on horses and enjoy nature. The first five minutes of being there Leo insults Cy who basically runs the thing by saying he doesn't look like a cowboy. He may not look like a cowboy but the way Jay described him...oh my.
Anyway there's instant heat between the two of them which is evident to everyone.
The group heads out the next day on their adventure and the sexual tension between Leo and Cy gets pretty intense.
On one particular day Leo's horse gets spooked and takes off with her. Cy ends up saving her but in the rescue they stumble upon a serious problem - which I'm not going to tell you because I don't want to ruin anything.
This book was so freaking good that I couldn't stop reading it. I was thinking about it when I wasn't reading it and when I was I didn't want to stop.
Retreat gave me everything I could possibly want in a contemporary.
I definitely recommend this book. Whether you've read Jay or not you should pick this up and give it a chance, I can pretty much guarantee you're going to love it.

Buy Retreat Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo


Follow Jay Crownover Here:
Official Website
Goodreads
Facebook
Twitter

Join Jay's Fan Club "Crownovers Crowd" by clciking HERE
Check out my playlist for Retreat on Spotify by clicking HERE
I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you'd like to buy books with FREE SHIPPING click HERE



1 comment:

  1. This was my second time attending an event at this place, and was my first business event here (the other event was a charity show). Everything was perfect, the drinks and food was amazing. Even the coffee at LA venue was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete