"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Me Before You Movie Review

I have been waiting to watch this movie since the second I saw the trailer.
I had heard a lot about this book and then when I saw it was being made into a movie I knew I had to read it.
As soon as I finished the book I wanted to go see the movie but unfortunately it didn't come out for another few weeks.
I waited and waited and then when it finally came to theaters I didn't get to see it.
Obviously I was extremely bummed so I've been sitting around impatiently for it to be released on DVD.
Well the other day my son went to sleep and I rented this bad boy and cried my eyes out.
It. Is. So. Good.
When I was watching it I posted on my Facebook that there's something magical about reading a book and then watching the movie. These characters that you see in your head are now in front of you and there's something really very special about that.
Since we're talking about the characters lets get into the casting. Perfection. Seriously guys it's perfect. I couldn't imagine a better Will and Lou. Every facial expression or mannerism was exactly how I pictured it.
We've all read books and then watched the movie adaptation and gone, "Seriously?" I'm so happy that when I saw this one I felt the same way I did about the book.
The pacing was wonderful, the acting was fantastic, and the story was perfectly conveyed. I think I read that JoJo Moyes wrote the screenplay so obviously that helped.
I don't know what else to say besides watch this!! 
Disclaimer though if you do please please get some Kleenex. I didn't and I cried like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment