"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Alita Joy Interview

I am so thrilled for this interview because I have been watching Alita's videos for a long time now and she's one of my favorite people to watch. She has one of the most positive attitudes of anyone I've ever had the pleasure of talking to you and is such a kind soul.
Thank you so much Alita Joy for taking the time to answer my questions, it means so much!!
Enjoy!! :)


1. What made you want to be a booktuber?

 I didn't have a lot of readers as friends while I was growing up. I came across TheReadables channel my sophomore year of high school, and then I started to discover the budding community of BookTube. It was much, much smaller then, but I found a community that  I really related to. I started making my own videos in June of 2012, and my channel has grown and morphed into something a lot bigger than what I expected.

2. Your videos are some of my favorite to watch because you have such a good vibe, how do you stay so positive in life?

Thank you! It makes me really happy to hear that from you. To be frank, I am not always so positive. Just like anybody else, I have lots of ups and downs in my life. I do have a very radical life philosophy on the power of gratitude, though, and that helps me get through each day. I think happiness is ultimately a choice, but by virtue of being human, there are an endless amount of distractions that we face. I try to make my content as positive as possible, though, because that is the energy I want to give to the world. Especially on a platform like YouTube where it has the potential to reach anyone who's looking, I want my words to uplifting and inspiring.

3. I love watching your book hauls, what are your favorite videos to film?

 I think my favorites as of now are probably book hauls, just because they're my favorite to watch. I've also been doing book hauls on my channel for so long that they're easy for me now.

4. What are your favorite videos to watch on BookTube?

Lately I've been watching a lot of vlogs! I'm a nosey and curious person. I like learning about people's daily lives.

5. Out of all the book/book related gifts you've ever been given what is your favorite?

A few Christmases ago, my mom gave me some framed Harry Potter posters from Etsy. They weren't the original movie posters; they were original works from different digital creators. They're still hanging up in my room now.

6. If you were to recommend one stand alone and one series to people what would they be?

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman as the standalone recommendation, and The Lunar Chronicles.

7. You're a very talented singer and guitar player, if you could write a song with any musician who would you pick and why?

Thank you! I would write with Marcus Mumford (of Mumford & Sons), I think.

8. You get to star in a book to movie adaptation! What book is it and who are you playing?

Ahhh! That's hard. I would've loved to be Hermione, or perhaps one of the female leads in Gillian Flynn's work. Those are strikingly different characters, but it would be quite the experience to do either.

9. Since its the New Year what is one of the best things to happen to you in 2015?

I had a wonderful internship in the year 2015 that really inspired me in terms of my career. I'm really grateful for that experience, especially as I finish up my college degree.

10. Music is a huge part of my blog so this is my favorite question to ask, if your life had a theme song what would it be?

Hmmm... there's absolutely no way I can answer that. My life's theme song really changes based upon my mood and current situation. Right now, I'm really loving "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" by Adele.


Follow Alita Joy on Social Media!!
YouTube
Website
Twitter
Instagram

*Photo from Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment