"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, January 9, 2014

How I Read Tag

1. How do you find out about new books to read?
I watch a crap ton of book hauls on YouTube. Book hauls and bookshelf tours are my favorite videos to watch so I usually get ideas from those.

2 How did you get into reading?
Hmm. I'm not sure. I know i've always been a reader but i'm not sure why. Guess i'm programmed to love books! ;)

3. How has your taste change as you get older?
You know it's actually kind of funny. When I was younger like 13-16 I read a lot of adult novels. Nicholas Sparks was the first adult author I ever read and I was hooked. When Twilight came out I fell in love, and when I started watching BookTube videos I got hooked on Y.A. It's kind of weird that when I was younger I read mostly adult and as i've gotten older i've fallen for Y.A. Weirdo.

4. How often do you buy books?
Totally depends on my mood. Some months I won't buy anything and other months i'll buy waaaaaay to many. I haven't bought a physical book in a few months...but i've bought about 15 kindle books. Problem.

5. How did you get into BookTubing/Blogging?
I did a review for The Kiss Off by Sarah Billington on Goodreads and she liked it. I freaked out and wrote her thanking her for liking my review. I was so excited that I thought hmm why don't I start doing more reviews but on my own blog. Ooh yes that sounds fun. Then I talked to one of the coolest people/authors that I know--Patricia Lynne--and she helped me make my blog what it is.

6. How do you react when you don't like the end of a book?
Hm well if it makes me angry I throw it. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks anyone? Yeah that bitch almost went out the window.

7. How often have you taken a sneaky look at the last page of a book to see if it's a happy ending?
I'm not even going to lie to you guys, when I was younger I looked almost all the time. As i've gotten older I don't do it as much but I do still do it. If it's a Nicholas Sparks book I almost always look. I don't want to get really attached to a character just for them to die. I know, I know..It's a Nicholas Sparks book so obvi someone is going to die. But sometimes I can't handle it people. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment