"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, December 20, 2018

1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber

Last year I pretty much only read Debbie Macomber books the month of December and I loved all of them. Needless to say I was very excited about 1225 Christmas Tree Lane.
Beth is divorced and now lives on a Christmas Tree Farm and living her best life...almost. She loves her farm, she loves her animals, and she loves the people surrounding her. Even with everything she has gained she still finds herself missing her ex husband Kent.
This year for Christmas her two daughters tell her that Kent wants to come to Beth's for the holidays along with his daughters. Instantly Beth is confused.
Does he want to come for his daughters?
Is he coming just to be friendly?
Or, is it possible he still has feelings for her?
What the daughters don't tell her is that they lied.
Big time.
They told their father that their mother invited him.
The girls want their parents back together and they won't let anything get in their way.
However when daddy dearest shows up with a woman the plans get a little muddy.
I really enjoyed reading this story and found myself smiling a lot - which I can't seem to help whenever I read Debbie Macomber.
While this book followed Beth and her family it also follows other members around the town. I'm still kind of undecided about how I felt about that. Someone leaves a basket full of puppies on Beth's porch and she gives them to different people in the community. Once the puppy goes to a family there's a chapter focused more on them. So basically one chapter was Beth and the next was someone else. It got a little confusing because there were SO MANY NAMES. I had trouble remembering who was who and it almost made me put the book down. However once I was finished with the book I realized I didn't dislike it as much I had originally.
All in all I thought this book was really cute and Beth was fabulous. I definitely recommend if you're looking for a feel good Christmas book.


Buy 1225 Christmas Tree Lane Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment