"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Ashley Elston Interview

Back in March I reviewed the book The Rules for Disappearing and absolutely loved it. If you haven't read the review yet you can now by clicking HERE
I was so in love that I reached out to author Ashley Elston and asked if she'd be willing to do an interview with me and hot damn she said yes.
I hope you all enjoy the interview, and thank you so so much to Ashley Elston for taking the time to answer my questions!!










1. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
Not always. I spent 10 years as a professional photographer and loved every minute of that.

2. Do you have any routines or quirks when writing a book?
I always make a big board and use sticky notes when drafting. I'm very visual and need to "see" it.

3. If you could co write with any author living or dead, who would it be?
Oh, that's a tough one. Probably Sidney Sheldon. Loved his books growing up.

4. I haven't seen a lot of books that work around the Witness Protection Program, how did you come up with the concept?

I needed a reason for them to be on the run.

5. Between The Rules for Disappearing and book two The Rules for Breaking, which was the hardest to write?
Definitely THE RULES FOR BREAKING. Sequels are super hard for me which is why the rest of my books are stand alone.

6. Meg gets to choose her name every time they move, if you could change your name what would you pick?
Hmmm...not sure. I'm pretty happy with Ashley.

7. Ethan is one of the best male characters I've ever read, who are some of you favorites?

Aww I love Ethan, too! I love Etienne from ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS.

8. If you had to trade lives for a day with anyone in your book who would you choose?

Probably Ethan since he's the only one not in trouble.

9. Will you write more about these characters?

Probably not. I loved writing about them but happy to move on to new characters.

10. If the Rules for Disappearing had a theme song what would it be?
I guess Survivor by Destiny's Child??

No comments:

Post a Comment